7.17.2013

Fondant Pinwheels

Fondant Pinwheels

I love pinwheels - don't know why.  Something about them makes me think "happy".  Imagine how delighted I was to come across this tutorial for fondant pinwheels from Carrie Selman at "Half Baked-The Cake Blog".

In her very easy-to-follow tutorial, she made patriotic red-white and blue pinwheels for Independence Day.  These pinwheels were designed as cupcake toppers.



I immediately thought that this idea would be perfect for a baby shower, bridal shower or child's birthday.  So, using the above tutorial as a guide, I came up with a few pinwheels of my own:

I apologize for the poor picture quality but I am a terrible photographer.   If you live in a humid climate like I do, you may want to put something in the folded over parts to keep them from collapsing on themselves.  I put small bits of wadded up plastic wrap in them until the pinwheels were reasonable dry (about 1-2 days).

I enjoyed trying both the striped techniques and the polka dots.  These could be added as decorations for a bridal shower or child's birthday by incorporating the colors in the invitation or decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!