6.05.2014

Rustic Country Wedding Cake

Rustic Country Wedding Cake


It was a joy to make this rustic iced wedding cake for a very sweet bride.  I am a member of the church that she grew up in and watched her grow from a little school girl into a beautiful young bride.













Did I mention they are just a little bit of Mississippi State fans?  Both the bride and groom are graduates of State.










The bride showed me her Pinterest board which was filled with pictures of rustic wedding décor. I am not a big fan of using burlap on buttercream iced cakes as
burlap tends to shed fibers which can get stuck in the icing.  The bride told me her bridesmaid dresses were brown and her flowers were lime green Gerbera daisies, so I came up with this design that used a dark brown loose weave ribbon on which I sewed an antique lace.  I also made fondant Gerbera daisies and found a flower made of jute to place on the middle tier.  It fit in great with the decorations in the reception hall.


  
I enjoyed making this style of cake and hope the rustic trend continues in my area for the next few years.  Big congratulations to Scott and Cyndi and wishing them a lifetime of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!